Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A side note.

This is a bit off topic but in class this week we were asked to blog about one of the readings we did. For this I have chosen to comment on a paper ( Groffman et al ) that we read for class that dealt with climate change. I felt that the paper was written pretty well overall but personally would have liked to see some of the data be supported better. By this I mean that the data was presented, some in graphical form, with details like what the sample population (not size) were left out. Data can be presented in many ways with the potential to skew or frame things in ones favor due to bias that one may not even know or is aware is happening. I am not saying this is wrong I just feel that a more convincing argument overall would be to support your data with as many of the facts that are possible in regards to alleviating bias or skewing to some readers. With that said I do feel it was interesting to hear what people are still saying given that this is a current topic amongst many individuals. thinking about this it makes me concentrate more on how I personally present my data and in what context I should be presenting them in for all my own posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment